Territories

Help us to improve
Artificial Intelligence

Territories

Unread post by Artificial Intelligence » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:45 pm

This might sound like I am trying to argue the point that the territory capture reward is to low, and in some case I am, but hear me out.

I think that the state of capturing and holding territories as of today are pointless. They bring in a passive income that equates to, nothing really.
I think it is good that people don't rack up a bunch of money from holding lots of territories and AFK farming. I am guessing that is one of the reasons that there is team-balancing on the server as well. I generally agree that is a good idea.

Capture points / territories are a waste of a mechanic the way they are now. The payout is too low for anybody to care about the potential gain. People running around doing capturing usually waste time for low profit and no action. The trend I am seeing nowadays is that no-one really care. This is true because holding large amounts of territories is either boring, because of no action, or hard, because people just recap when you go to another.

But here is the glaring issue with wasteland capture points... There are too many capture points.
Hear me out for a sec. :idea:

Having a lot of capture points with high value profit spreads the teams around the map. That usually equates to less team play and less long lasting meaningful battles. But if you had fewer, lets say 5 points total on the map, with decent rewards for holding them! That would concentrate battles, make them more appealing for people who want to do more PVP focused fights, and it would "solve the useless territories" problem. I would also go as far as saying the money for holding territories got split, where half goes directly to your bank, and the other to your pocket.

This is probably way easier said than done, but it is my honest opinion on the issue. I also think it would give players something meaningful to do while there are no missions going on. :ugeek:

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day :D

Feary

Re: Territories

Unread post by Feary » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 am

There is no "useless territory issue".
I have never seen anyone say "lets go capture that territoty because its a strategic point for our team".

Only "oh look enemies in the gunshop lets fuck them up".

Territories are there to promote pvp, and a good indicator where are the teams on the map.

Income is low because we learned from the past when people made 100-200k per hour for doing nothing. Not much, can earn that in couple missions. But when someone is receiving that much while being active is even worse.

There are many hotspots on each map and there is nothing wrong with it if its not over a territory.

Artificial Intelligence

Unread post by Artificial Intelligence » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 am

But that is excatly what i mean. The mechanic now is in a state were it could even be gone. Of course they aren't saying "lets cap a territory because it's a strategic point". Because they aren't. Thats my point btw ;)

"Territories are there to promote pvp" but if there are no incentive to be in the territory, how does it promote pvp? :? I for sure just wander off. And if people capture it after I'm gone, I don't care. No value having it. No pvp there :|

What if holding balota, NWA, The place and cherno (examples) had some specific value to it. Make it "incentivised". We generally don't need all the other territories. There are so many territories just scattered around with no real purpose other than changing the color on the map :lol:

Get rid of them :D have fewer that people want to fight over.
AFK "farming". Have a 9 minute afk checker or something. Then you can't totaly AFK farm ;)

I don't really care much for the territory gameplay. And thats when my brain sparkled with ideas. Why don't I like it, why are they only a gimmic, what could change, how could it be fun, how could it be incentiviced.
Try not to be so dead set in your opinions that you can no longer see possibilities. :lol: This is a sugestions forum after all. You asked.

Feary

Unread post by Feary » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:13 am

Not my opinion, collective decision made from monitoring the server and changing it over the years to this state. People abused it so we reduced it to this. And that is fine.

People never cared about territories. Only missions and such.
The only way to use your idea is to give people more money for territory camping, defending, attacking etc.

And that won't happen. Territories never meant to have any role in wasteland, blue circle spawn zones matter way more.

Artificial Intelligence

Unread post by Artificial Intelligence » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:38 am

Don't need credits as an incentive. Spawn locations could be one. Lets say you get a fixed spawn location on the Towns blue spawn circles if you own it. With spawn delay of course. That would make it a little conquest-ish.
There are more ways to incentivize holding and capturing other than the credit income. You could make buying "stuff" less expensive in towns you own etc. Dunno how modifiable that is, but there are other ways of incentivizing it other than making bank. :D

Feary

Unread post by Feary » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:50 am

Far as i know thats impossible. All traders use one long file with prices in it.

night
Site Admin

Unread post by night » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Possible, but fuck it.

Feary

Unread post by Feary » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Yeah if you make another list of everything then re-price it.

Stronuk

Unread post by Stronuk » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Point very well made Artificial Intelligence. Your intelligence does not seem artificial at all.

Remember that you do not have to capture 10 territories yourself to earn 10,000 from capturing territories. Even when a teammate captures the territory you get the money. So if there are 20 players on 1 team, and 1 person captures 1 territory, that is 20,000 total money earned. Also, you do not go with the objective to capture a territory. You just capture the territory if you happen to be in it for some other reason. If everyone captures the territory they are in / close to, then it generates a steady stream of passive income and we do not need to worry about capturing all territories by ourselves.