Armed Vehicles

Help us to improve
SVULLO

Armed Vehicles

Unread post by SVULLO » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 pm

what's the point of one-hitting every armed vehicle with a rocket launcher? I have yet to find a single vehicle to survive more than one rocket...
This would be ideal if the launchers were either rare or very expensive.
Rockets cost 1500 each and the launcher 4k.... and you also get 1-3 per mission.
you would expect a tank that costs 120k to be armored...

Zzyxzz

Re: Armed Vehicles

Unread post by Zzyxzz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:09 am

I think there is a bigger underlying issue.

If you meet a tank without a rocket launcher, you can't do anything. You die straight away, if you don't have anything to take cover or can flee.
When you have one, then the tank has quite a problem. It's very expensive and will blow up immediately. The rocket + launcher is quite cheap, but the rockets also have a weight and I you don't want to always run around with them...

In my opinion heavy ground vehicles are game breaking in that case. They always tend to the extreme. Completely waste of money or they will just kill everything they see and you can't to anything.
Now you can say, but Black Hawks are also a huge pain in the butt. Yes, that true, but they are different.

First of all, they fly. This gives you a much better chance to evade them and hide. When you run into a forest, it's not that easy to follow. Where a tank can simpy steam roll all trees and you can't do shit. Also, they are vulnerable. They are tanky but, you can take them down, even without launchers.

I'm not a fan of using launchers in Exile. It's fine in Wasteland and I love it there. Exile... it's more annoying than adding complexity and can be very frustating by getting facecamped by tanks.

SVULLO

Unread post by SVULLO » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 pm

I get that you want some sort of counterplay to tanks, but surely they shouldn't be a 1-hit kill considering it's 120k for them.
In Arma 2 you had the same vehicles, well not exacly, but most of them. Launchers weren't a thing in arma 2, mainly because of price and the fact that you didn't get them from missions. I prefer the armored-to-armored vehicles fight, but sadly now all you get is a single rocket launcher to the face.
Numerous of times we've cleared mission and gotten a decent armed vehicle, I jump in the gunner to just "guard" the rest of my members taking the loot, oh and what do you get?
Someone from a base 1900m away 1-hitting with a rocket :)

Zzyxzz

Unread post by Zzyxzz » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:20 am

With most heavy vehicles already gone, launchers should also be removed, imo. If it's possible to destroy verhicles with an LMB or a precise .50cal (kill the driver and it's passengers through the windows), there is no need for a launcher.